When the original version of O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat hit the DJ Booth in September of ‘07, it was almost unanimously panned. Then, on Leap Day of ‘08, the Mick Boogie remix (adding sixteen bars from Nas‘s Purple) surfaced to only slightly better reviews. Hoping the third time’s the charm, the SRC/Universal signee gets two big-name industry executives to help with the official remix. With O’Neal’s original song sandwiched in between a brand-new opening verse (and production) from So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri, as well as a few bars and an outro from the top Bad Boy, Diddy (who remarks about yet another possible name change-this time back to Puff Daddy). With such a change-up, maybe this will be more successful than Check Your Coat‘s two previous versions; it’s all up to the listeners.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.