When the original version of O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat hit the DJ Booth in September of ‘07, it was almost unanimously panned. Then, on Leap Day of ‘08, the Mick Boogie remix (adding sixteen bars from Nas‘s Purple) surfaced to only slightly better reviews. Hoping the third time’s the charm, the SRC/Universal signee gets two big-name industry executives to help with the official remix. With O’Neal’s original song sandwiched in between a brand-new opening verse (and production) from So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri, as well as a few bars and an outro from the top Bad Boy, Diddy (who remarks about yet another possible name change-this time back to Puff Daddy). With such a change-up, maybe this will be more successful than Check Your Coat‘s two previous versions; it’s all up to the listeners.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.