When the original version of O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat hit the DJ Booth in September of ‘07, it was almost unanimously panned. Then, on Leap Day of ‘08, the Mick Boogie remix (adding sixteen bars from Nas‘s Purple) surfaced to only slightly better reviews. Hoping the third time’s the charm, the SRC/Universal signee gets two big-name industry executives to help with the official remix. With O’Neal’s original song sandwiched in between a brand-new opening verse (and production) from So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri, as well as a few bars and an outro from the top Bad Boy, Diddy (who remarks about yet another possible name change-this time back to Puff Daddy). With such a change-up, maybe this will be more successful than Check Your Coat‘s two previous versions; it’s all up to the listeners.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.