When the original version of O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat hit the DJ Booth in September of ‘07, it was almost unanimously panned. Then, on Leap Day of ‘08, the Mick Boogie remix (adding sixteen bars from Nas‘s Purple) surfaced to only slightly better reviews. Hoping the third time’s the charm, the SRC/Universal signee gets two big-name industry executives to help with the official remix. With O’Neal’s original song sandwiched in between a brand-new opening verse (and production) from So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri, as well as a few bars and an outro from the top Bad Boy, Diddy (who remarks about yet another possible name change-this time back to Puff Daddy). With such a change-up, maybe this will be more successful than Check Your Coat‘s two previous versions; it’s all up to the listeners.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.