When the original version of O’Neal McKnight‘s Check Your Coat hit the DJ Booth in September of ‘07, it was almost unanimously panned. Then, on Leap Day of ‘08, the Mick Boogie remix (adding sixteen bars from Nas‘s Purple) surfaced to only slightly better reviews. Hoping the third time’s the charm, the SRC/Universal signee gets two big-name industry executives to help with the official remix. With O’Neal’s original song sandwiched in between a brand-new opening verse (and production) from So So Def/Island Urban boss Jermaine Dupri, as well as a few bars and an outro from the top Bad Boy, Diddy (who remarks about yet another possible name change-this time back to Puff Daddy). With such a change-up, maybe this will be more successful than Check Your Coat‘s two previous versions; it’s all up to the listeners.
Written by Burmy on 06/4/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.