Way back in 451 AD, a group of church fathers at the Council of Chalcedonia ended a longstanding debate over Christ’s divinity by stating that he was both 100% man and 100% God, all at once. How is that possible? Well, it’s a mystery – the point is, the rules of math can be bent or even broken where greatness is concerned. On this inaugural EP leak, One-2 boasts of a similarly mind-boggling lineage; not only is he “Half Man, half amazin,“ (to quote Nas’ It Ain’t Hard to Tell) but he’s also half barbarian, half Viking, half vampire, half lycan, half Frankenstein… and all emcee. Joining the Los Angeles up-and-comer over Komplex’ exotic sampled-string instrumental (complete with guest cuts by DJ Wizard), Long Beach representative Crooked I drops his own paradoxically fresh self-description on the middle, tossing in a few bruising one-liners for good measure (“You don’t know who you f*ckin’ with fam, like blindfolded incest.”) Fans can find this collaborative banger and much more on One-2’s forthcoming, Komplex-produced double EP, History/Destiny. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 01/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cold Blood" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.