Way back in 451 AD, a group of church fathers at the Council of Chalcedonia ended a longstanding debate over Christ’s divinity by stating that he was both 100% man and 100% God, all at once. How is that possible? Well, it’s a mystery – the point is, the rules of math can be bent or even broken where greatness is concerned. On this inaugural EP leak, One-2 boasts of a similarly mind-boggling lineage; not only is he “Half Man, half amazin,“ (to quote Nas’ It Ain’t Hard to Tell) but he’s also half barbarian, half Viking, half vampire, half lycan, half Frankenstein… and all emcee. Joining the Los Angeles up-and-comer over Komplex’ exotic sampled-string instrumental (complete with guest cuts by DJ Wizard), Long Beach representative Crooked I drops his own paradoxically fresh self-description on the middle, tossing in a few bruising one-liners for good measure (“You don’t know who you f*ckin’ with fam, like blindfolded incest.”) Fans can find this collaborative banger and much more on One-2’s forthcoming, Komplex-produced double EP, History/Destiny. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 01/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cold Blood" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.