In 2005, Usher announced he started his own record label, US Records. The flagship artists on the label were songwriter/rapper Rico Love and R&B quartet One Chance. Despite both acts receiving a spot on the soundtrack to Usher’s film debut, In The Mix, neither has released their major label debut. Although label frustrations have stunted the development of the Chicago-based One Chance, they have continued to record new material and leak banger after banger. Following the leaked cuts U Can’t and Get On Top; Rob, Jon, Michael and Courtney have cooked up the sexy dance floor hit, Slow Mo. Featuring Akon-signee’s Rock City, the song has an authentic island vibe that’s sure to capture the hearts and bodies of women around the world.
Written by DJ Z on 01/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Private ft. Akon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.