One Chance, the Chicago-based R&B group signed to Usher’s US Records, with a special appearance by Akon, gives us the single and album Private, produced by Ryan Leslie and due out in stores this month. Reminiscent of Boyz II Men, Jodeci and Usher himself, Private sounds new and feels old skool in the best way possible. One Chance has come a long way from their days of sleeping in a rented van in Atlanta where they drove just to perform for Usher’s Showcase. It’s that kind of hustle, dedication and talent, along with their genuine love of music and their mutual respect for each other that will make Private go mad public on the radio. R&B upstarts: listen and learn.
Written by jackson on 07/2/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.