One Chance, the Chicago-based R&B group signed to Usher’s US Records, with a special appearance by Akon, gives us the single and album Private, produced by Ryan Leslie and due out in stores this month. Reminiscent of Boyz II Men, Jodeci and Usher himself, Private sounds new and feels old skool in the best way possible. One Chance has come a long way from their days of sleeping in a rented van in Atlanta where they drove just to perform for Usher’s Showcase. It’s that kind of hustle, dedication and talent, along with their genuine love of music and their mutual respect for each other that will make Private go mad public on the radio. R&B upstarts: listen and learn.
Written by jackson on 07/2/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.