One Chance, the Chicago-based R&B group signed to Usher’s US Records, with a special appearance by Akon, gives us the single and album Private, produced by Ryan Leslie and due out in stores this month. Reminiscent of Boyz II Men, Jodeci and Usher himself, Private sounds new and feels old skool in the best way possible. One Chance has come a long way from their days of sleeping in a rented van in Atlanta where they drove just to perform for Usher’s Showcase. It’s that kind of hustle, dedication and talent, along with their genuine love of music and their mutual respect for each other that will make Private go mad public on the radio. R&B upstarts: listen and learn.
Written by jackson on 07/2/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.