There’s a reason that the phrase “falling in love” has the word “falling” in it: it’s generally not something people do deliberately (also, alcohol often factors into the equation), and the ever-so-subtle manner in which deeper feelings can take root is why truly no-strings-attached romance is so much rarer than pop radio would suggest. On this newly-released mixtape cut (making its premiere right here in the Booth), Marty James, Z-Man, and MDA of One Block Radius tell the story of a commitment-free, on the down-low affair that was going along perfectly smoothly… but Then She Fell In Love. Don’t write this off as another Boyfriend #2-esque jam just yet, though—the subject matter may be as old as time itself, but, as usual, OBR excel in the execution. Over a nostalgia-drenched jazz-guitar instrumental co-produced by Marty James and Stro the 89th Key, the frontman showcases a falsetto that doesn’t fail to impress, and Z-Man adds texture to the track with an energetic second verse. While the concept couldn’t be more different from that of, say, Booth-acclaimed single You Got Me, the end result is equally seductive—listeners who agree can hear more on the group’s Cut The Static (Vol. 2) mixtape, out August 11th.
Written by richard on 07/8/09
Submit your Rating
Property Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Got Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.