In a North Hollywood studio a trio of Carlos Rossi-drinking musicians went from The Dump to opening up for Hieroglyphics, De La Soul, and Trick Daddy and more. Whether it was the flyness of their musicality or the addition of San Francisco underground emcee Z-Man, One Block Radius has got it going on. Following their major label debut single, You Got Me, the fellas of OBR push their uniquely organic style to the limit on Shoplifta. The production, courtesy of Houston native Happy Perez, hypnotically lulls the listener into lush rhythms with a tinge of Caribbean spice and hints of ska and old-school funk. The band is currently pushing their self-titled effort, which was released September 16 via Mercury/Island Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
Property Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Got Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.