In a North Hollywood studio a trio of Carlos Rossi-drinking musicians went from The Dump to opening up for Hieroglyphics, De La Soul, and Trick Daddy and more. Whether it was the flyness of their musicality or the addition of San Francisco underground emcee Z-Man, One Block Radius has got it going on. Following their major label debut single, You Got Me, the fellas of OBR push their uniquely organic style to the limit on Shoplifta. The production, courtesy of Houston native Happy Perez, hypnotically lulls the listener into lush rhythms with a tinge of Caribbean spice and hints of ska and old-school funk. The band is currently pushing their self-titled effort, which was released September 16 via Mercury/Island Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
Property Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Got Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.