In a North Hollywood studio a trio of Carlos Rossi-drinking musicians went from The Dump to opening up for Hieroglyphics, De La Soul, and Trick Daddy and more. Whether it was the flyness of their musicality or the addition of San Francisco underground emcee Z-Man, One Block Radius has got it going on. Following their major label debut single, You Got Me, the fellas of OBR push their uniquely organic style to the limit on Shoplifta. The production, courtesy of Houston native Happy Perez, hypnotically lulls the listener into lush rhythms with a tinge of Caribbean spice and hints of ska and old-school funk. The band is currently pushing their self-titled effort, which was released September 16 via Mercury/Island Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Property Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Got Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.