In a North Hollywood studio a trio of Carlos Rossi-drinking musicians went from The Dump to opening up for Hieroglyphics, De La Soul, and Trick Daddy and more. Whether it was the flyness of their musicality or the addition of San Francisco underground emcee Z-Man, One Block Radius has got it going on. Following their major label debut single, You Got Me, the fellas of OBR push their uniquely organic style to the limit on Shoplifta. The production, courtesy of Houston native Happy Perez, hypnotically lulls the listener into lush rhythms with a tinge of Caribbean spice and hints of ska and old-school funk. The band is currently pushing their self-titled effort, which was released September 16 via Mercury/Island Def Jam.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/29/08
Submit your Rating
Property Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Got Me" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.