Just as one or two MRSA-tainted tenderloins can make all pork products seem unappetizing, the power-tripping of a few crooked cops, coupled with the prejudices deeply ingrained in our criminal justice system, leave many—understandably—suspicious of anyone rocking a badge. On his first Booth feature, Midwestern emcee One Be Lo levels a comprehensive array of criticisms against the Pigs who give our boys in blue a bad name; over a driving, densely-layered beat by Duke University senior and new J Records signee Mike Posner (who also lends his unmistakable rasp to the track’s hook), the up-and-comer addresses everything from police brutality and racial profiling to the exchange of bribe money and the system’s unfairness to victims of poverty—the end result is better-reasoned and considerably catchier than the anti-cop theme might lead one to expect. Fans can hear more of One Be Lo’s thoughts on his forthcoming LP, B.A.B.Y (Being A Black Youth), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Minor, We Major" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)