Just as one or two MRSA-tainted tenderloins can make all pork products seem unappetizing, the power-tripping of a few crooked cops, coupled with the prejudices deeply ingrained in our criminal justice system, leave many—understandably—suspicious of anyone rocking a badge. On his first Booth feature, Midwestern emcee One Be Lo levels a comprehensive array of criticisms against the Pigs who give our boys in blue a bad name; over a driving, densely-layered beat by Duke University senior and new J Records signee Mike Posner (who also lends his unmistakable rasp to the track’s hook), the up-and-comer addresses everything from police brutality and racial profiling to the exchange of bribe money and the system’s unfairness to victims of poverty—the end result is better-reasoned and considerably catchier than the anti-cop theme might lead one to expect. Fans can hear more of One Be Lo’s thoughts on his forthcoming LP, B.A.B.Y (Being A Black Youth), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Minor, We Major" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.