Just as one or two MRSA-tainted tenderloins can make all pork products seem unappetizing, the power-tripping of a few crooked cops, coupled with the prejudices deeply ingrained in our criminal justice system, leave many—understandably—suspicious of anyone rocking a badge. On his first Booth feature, Midwestern emcee One Be Lo levels a comprehensive array of criticisms against the Pigs who give our boys in blue a bad name; over a driving, densely-layered beat by Duke University senior and new J Records signee Mike Posner (who also lends his unmistakable rasp to the track’s hook), the up-and-comer addresses everything from police brutality and racial profiling to the exchange of bribe money and the system’s unfairness to victims of poverty—the end result is better-reasoned and considerably catchier than the anti-cop theme might lead one to expect. Fans can hear more of One Be Lo’s thoughts on his forthcoming LP, B.A.B.Y (Being A Black Youth), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Minor, We Major" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.