Just as one or two MRSA-tainted tenderloins can make all pork products seem unappetizing, the power-tripping of a few crooked cops, coupled with the prejudices deeply ingrained in our criminal justice system, leave many—understandably—suspicious of anyone rocking a badge. On his first Booth feature, Midwestern emcee One Be Lo levels a comprehensive array of criticisms against the Pigs who give our boys in blue a bad name; over a driving, densely-layered beat by Duke University senior and new J Records signee Mike Posner (who also lends his unmistakable rasp to the track’s hook), the up-and-comer addresses everything from police brutality and racial profiling to the exchange of bribe money and the system’s unfairness to victims of poverty—the end result is better-reasoned and considerably catchier than the anti-cop theme might lead one to expect. Fans can hear more of One Be Lo’s thoughts on his forthcoming LP, B.A.B.Y (Being A Black Youth), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Minor, We Major" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)