Just as one or two MRSA-tainted tenderloins can make all pork products seem unappetizing, the power-tripping of a few crooked cops, coupled with the prejudices deeply ingrained in our criminal justice system, leave many—understandably—suspicious of anyone rocking a badge. On his first Booth feature, Midwestern emcee One Be Lo levels a comprehensive array of criticisms against the Pigs who give our boys in blue a bad name; over a driving, densely-layered beat by Duke University senior and new J Records signee Mike Posner (who also lends his unmistakable rasp to the track’s hook), the up-and-comer addresses everything from police brutality and racial profiling to the exchange of bribe money and the system’s unfairness to victims of poverty—the end result is better-reasoned and considerably catchier than the anti-cop theme might lead one to expect. Fans can hear more of One Be Lo’s thoughts on his forthcoming LP, B.A.B.Y (Being A Black Youth), which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"U Minor, We Major" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.