It may be lonely at the top but, on the bright side, there’s a hell of a view. On This View From Here, the latest single off his long-awaited Angry Young Man LP, OnCue drinks in the panorama that stretches before his eyes, now that he’s nearing the peak of the hip-hop game. As if to show how far he’s come, the Connecticut buzzmaker enlists eminent beatsmith Just Blaze (as well as co-producers Maki and Nicky Finest) to craft a sweeping instrumental backdrop for his reflections on the hustle. Adam Ross directs the joint’s trippy, sylized visual accompaniment. Angry Young Man is slated to drop independently on Tuesday, September 3. In the meantime, of course, Boothgoers can keep it locked for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.