Hey, do you remember that notoriously dope Leftovers mixtape we dropped last November with OnCue? Well, he’s back again with another single on par with his previous presentation. With It Usually Goes, the indie music/hip-hop blend again has a refreshing take with producer CJ Luzi’s rendition of Eisley’s haunting cut Ambulance. The Connecticut emcee remains true to the sample’s somber origins, touching base on coming from a broken home, the emotional costs of being dedicated to his craft and the struggles of coming up in an industry that tends to group white rappers together: “This is real s**t I’m livin / father’s a crackhead, my brother’s an alcoholic…I ain’t Marshall I’m a f**kin whatchacallit.” As melancholy as this might seem, the song has a more uplifting tone. We have to remember as listeners they we’ve seen the talented Cuey overcome these obstacles to deliver some seriously talented material. While this isn’t on his upcoming project, Can’t Wait, it is a most welcoming appetizer for the fans still hungry for more after Leftovers. As always, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 03/6/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.