Hey, do you remember that notoriously dope Leftovers mixtape we dropped last November with OnCue? Well, he’s back again with another single on par with his previous presentation. With It Usually Goes, the indie music/hip-hop blend again has a refreshing take with producer CJ Luzi’s rendition of Eisley’s haunting cut Ambulance. The Connecticut emcee remains true to the sample’s somber origins, touching base on coming from a broken home, the emotional costs of being dedicated to his craft and the struggles of coming up in an industry that tends to group white rappers together: “This is real s**t I’m livin / father’s a crackhead, my brother’s an alcoholic…I ain’t Marshall I’m a f**kin whatchacallit.” As melancholy as this might seem, the song has a more uplifting tone. We have to remember as listeners they we’ve seen the talented Cuey overcome these obstacles to deliver some seriously talented material. While this isn’t on his upcoming project, Can’t Wait, it is a most welcoming appetizer for the fans still hungry for more after Leftovers. As always, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.