Hey, do you remember that notoriously dope Leftovers mixtape we dropped last November with OnCue? Well, he’s back again with another single on par with his previous presentation. With It Usually Goes, the indie music/hip-hop blend again has a refreshing take with producer CJ Luzi’s rendition of Eisley’s haunting cut Ambulance. The Connecticut emcee remains true to the sample’s somber origins, touching base on coming from a broken home, the emotional costs of being dedicated to his craft and the struggles of coming up in an industry that tends to group white rappers together: “This is real s**t I’m livin / father’s a crackhead, my brother’s an alcoholic…I ain’t Marshall I’m a f**kin whatchacallit.” As melancholy as this might seem, the song has a more uplifting tone. We have to remember as listeners they we’ve seen the talented Cuey overcome these obstacles to deliver some seriously talented material. While this isn’t on his upcoming project, Can’t Wait, it is a most welcoming appetizer for the fans still hungry for more after Leftovers. As always, be sure to keep it locked to the DJBooth for more.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.