As anyone who’s seen Scarface knows, getting high On Your Own Supply can have fatal consequences – especially when “your own supply” consists of a huge pile of cocaine. While I can’t say for certain that OnCue doesn’t have the Mt. Everest of nose candy stashed away in some dark corner of his apartment, this mixtape outtake is less about narcotics than it is about the pros and cons of buying into one’s own hype. Over CJ Luzi‘s pensive synth-piano instrumental, sampled from electro-pop group Phantogram‘s Mouthful of Diamonds, the freestyle series alumnus takes a look in the mirror, acknowledging the obstacles that stand between him and stardom, but reaffirming his faith in his own abilities: “I know I’ve been wrong before, but I know I’m not this time.” OnCue’s self-confidence may be unshakable, but is it truly warranted? While I have a feeling I know the answer, you get the final say. Fans can hear more fresh records that didn’t make it onto September’s Cuey Sings the Blues on the artist’s Booth-sponsored Leftovers street album, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download Nov. 29.
Written by richard on 11/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.