We haven’t heard much from Mike Posner on the solo tip since the release of his 31 Minutes to Takeoff album (way back in the summer of ’10) but the man’s maintained a presence on our pages by way off the almighty collaboration, first with MGK on On Fire and now with The DJBooth favorite OnCue’s Kinda Late. 88-Keys (word to Thieves in the Night) produces a wide-ranging affair that melds guitar lines, heavy club drums and atmospheric vocal samples, which is apparently exactly the recipe to light Cuey’s libido on fire. In sultry verse after verse, and hook, Cuey let’s the ladies know what’s really on his mind, “Baby I wish I was kiddin / but honestly I just want your kitten / I just wanna dig in where you future kids live in.” You can’t say you weren’t warned ladies. Throw in that aforementioned lighter than air guest verse by Posner and you’ve got the kind of easily enjoyable cut sure to truly test fans patience for Cuey’s upcoming album, Can’t Wait, which he promises us is set to drop soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.