Is there anything worse than watching your so-called Friends act like they don’t know you, just when you need them the most? Well, OK, it’s probably not as bad as waterboarding or Shaq-Fu, but it’s certainly up there. Anyway, the latest leak off OnCue‘s latest street album finds the Connecticut representative at his most vulnerable; backed by the alt-rock boardwork of CJ Luzi, the up-and-comer describes the feelings of loneliness that often come with ambition, and that can take hold even when others are closest: “I got laid last night, but what did that do for me? / Except I don’t gotta click on YouPorn this morning.” Those who dug the Dave Matthews-inspired Crashing Down are sure to enjoy hearing OnCue over something a little more rocking, but the question remains: do his vocal style and the power-ballad backdrop go together like chocolate and peanut butter, or… uh… chocolate and cheese? Have at it, Booth readers! Fans can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s 2DopeBoyz, Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and Christopher Truth-presented Cuey Sings the Blues mixtape, coming soon. Also, watch for Cue to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future!
Written by richard on 06/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)