Is there anything worse than watching your so-called Friends act like they don’t know you, just when you need them the most? Well, OK, it’s probably not as bad as waterboarding or Shaq-Fu, but it’s certainly up there. Anyway, the latest leak off OnCue‘s latest street album finds the Connecticut representative at his most vulnerable; backed by the alt-rock boardwork of CJ Luzi, the up-and-comer describes the feelings of loneliness that often come with ambition, and that can take hold even when others are closest: “I got laid last night, but what did that do for me? / Except I don’t gotta click on YouPorn this morning.” Those who dug the Dave Matthews-inspired Crashing Down are sure to enjoy hearing OnCue over something a little more rocking, but the question remains: do his vocal style and the power-ballad backdrop go together like chocolate and peanut butter, or… uh… chocolate and cheese? Have at it, Booth readers! Fans can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s 2DopeBoyz, Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and Christopher Truth-presented Cuey Sings the Blues mixtape, coming soon. Also, watch for Cue to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future!
Written by richard on 06/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.