Is there anything worse than watching your so-called Friends act like they don’t know you, just when you need them the most? Well, OK, it’s probably not as bad as waterboarding or Shaq-Fu, but it’s certainly up there. Anyway, the latest leak off OnCue‘s latest street album finds the Connecticut representative at his most vulnerable; backed by the alt-rock boardwork of CJ Luzi, the up-and-comer describes the feelings of loneliness that often come with ambition, and that can take hold even when others are closest: “I got laid last night, but what did that do for me? / Except I don’t gotta click on YouPorn this morning.” Those who dug the Dave Matthews-inspired Crashing Down are sure to enjoy hearing OnCue over something a little more rocking, but the question remains: do his vocal style and the power-ballad backdrop go together like chocolate and peanut butter, or… uh… chocolate and cheese? Have at it, Booth readers! Fans can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s 2DopeBoyz, Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and Christopher Truth-presented Cuey Sings the Blues mixtape, coming soon. Also, watch for Cue to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future!
Written by richard on 06/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.