Is there anything worse than watching your so-called Friends act like they don’t know you, just when you need them the most? Well, OK, it’s probably not as bad as waterboarding or Shaq-Fu, but it’s certainly up there. Anyway, the latest leak off OnCue‘s latest street album finds the Connecticut representative at his most vulnerable; backed by the alt-rock boardwork of CJ Luzi, the up-and-comer describes the feelings of loneliness that often come with ambition, and that can take hold even when others are closest: “I got laid last night, but what did that do for me? / Except I don’t gotta click on YouPorn this morning.” Those who dug the Dave Matthews-inspired Crashing Down are sure to enjoy hearing OnCue over something a little more rocking, but the question remains: do his vocal style and the power-ballad backdrop go together like chocolate and peanut butter, or… uh… chocolate and cheese? Have at it, Booth readers! Fans can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s 2DopeBoyz, Mick Boogie, Terry Urban and Christopher Truth-presented Cuey Sings the Blues mixtape, coming soon. Also, watch for Cue to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.