After going Way Too Far last October, Connecticut’s OnCue shortens the gap on his latest promo record, Closer. (We wouldn’t doubt that part of the inspiration behind the song’s title comes from how much closer the Jets are to the playoffs after releasing former QB Mark Sanchez). If the beat sounds familiar, it’s because ARW flips the Shlohmo-produced Brain by alt-R&B artist BANKS. Closer showcases OnCue’s knack for drawing you deep into a song that leaves you externally lost, but internally enlightened. Meditate on that, even though OnCue isn’t, as the buzzmaker preps his next album, Angry Young Man, for release some time later this calender year.
Written by Bryan H on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.