Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When OnCue was a young’n, his family’s financial circumstances meant that Cereal was often breakfast and dinner. These days, the Connecticut repper is eating prosciutto and sippin’ on Nuvo in the company of models. Coming on the heels of his and Chris Webby‘s Home, a poignant for-charity release dedicated to the families of Newtown, Connecticut shooting victims, the rapper’s latest single charts his ongoing journey from rags to riches. Backed by the resolute, reverb-heavy production of CJ Luzi, this underdog success story is just one of many bangers to be found on Cuey’s Angry Young Man LP, Executive Produced by Just Blaze and scheduled for release in early February.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view OnCue’s Adam Ross-directed Cereal visual.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.