Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When OnCue was a young’n, his family’s financial circumstances meant that Cereal was often breakfast and dinner. These days, the Connecticut repper is eating prosciutto and sippin’ on Nuvo in the company of models. Coming on the heels of his and Chris Webby‘s Home, a poignant for-charity release dedicated to the families of Newtown, Connecticut shooting victims, the rapper’s latest single charts his ongoing journey from rags to riches. Backed by the resolute, reverb-heavy production of CJ Luzi, this underdog success story is just one of many bangers to be found on Cuey’s Angry Young Man LP, Executive Produced by Just Blaze and scheduled for release in early February.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view OnCue’s Adam Ross-directed Cereal visual.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.