Imagine if every movie out at theaters was an action movie? Everywhere you turned you’d see Bruce Willis or Jason Statham plastered on the next big blockbuster. Yet while all these big-ticket movies were being watched with 3D glasses, somewhere, someone would be crafting a drama that’ll make bodybuilders weep. Hip-hop isn’t
any different. Instead of Jean-Claude Van Damme we have Rick Ross and The Game. And the man making those carefully crafted dramas? His name is OnCue and today he has dropped off his latest release, Better Than Before, off his upcoming free project, Can’t Wait. Produced by CJ Luzi, Before is a rock-influenced track with distorted drums and delicate keys that when isolated sound like the title track to a first-person shooter. Vocally, Cuey aggressively jumps on the record, discussing real-life issues (like break-ups and drug use) that most listeners should easily be able to relate to. Cuey is currently on the Pledge to Rage Tour with The Dean’s List and Gilbere Forte, so be on the lookout for their stop in your town. And if you can’t wait for Can’t Wait be patient, the project drops soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)