Imagine if every movie out at theaters was an action movie? Everywhere you turned you’d see Bruce Willis or Jason Statham plastered on the next big blockbuster. Yet while all these big-ticket movies were being watched with 3D glasses, somewhere, someone would be crafting a drama that’ll make bodybuilders weep. Hip-hop isn’t
any different. Instead of Jean-Claude Van Damme we have Rick Ross and The Game. And the man making those carefully crafted dramas? His name is OnCue and today he has dropped off his latest release, Better Than Before, off his upcoming free project, Can’t Wait. Produced by CJ Luzi, Before is a rock-influenced track with distorted drums and delicate keys that when isolated sound like the title track to a first-person shooter. Vocally, Cuey aggressively jumps on the record, discussing real-life issues (like break-ups and drug use) that most listeners should easily be able to relate to. Cuey is currently on the Pledge to Rage Tour with The Dean’s List and Gilbere Forte, so be on the lookout for their stop in your town. And if you can’t wait for Can’t Wait be patient, the project drops soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.