As Mobb Deep so astutely pointed out, “There’s no such thing as halfway crooks,” and the same holds true for aspiring rappers. If you’re truly dedicated to succeeding in an industry where the odds are so dramatically stacked against you stopping even a little bit short isn’t an option. As OnCue so astutely points out on his new leak All the Way, you’ve got to go, well, all the way. For his latest effort the DJBooth favorite we most recently heard vowing to never Fall for That recruits producers manicanparty & CJ Luzi to craft a rock infused beat that somehow manages to be both aggressive and hauntingly soft. On the mic the young Connecticut representative once again puts his trademark emotional delivery on display, laying down some intensely lyrical rhymes that only pause for an impressively sung hook. Fans will have the chance to go All the Way with OnCue (musically speaking, get your mind out of the gutter) when his upcoming mixtape Can’t Wait drops….later than today. In the meantime, why not grab his Leftovers mixtape, available for free stream and download here.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Back" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.