Mother’s Day was more than a month ago but, hey, it’s never a bad time to show some appreciation for the woman who brought you into the world. On Booth debut and new promo single My Old Lady, Clarendon, Jamaica’s OMI does just that, honoring the most important woman in his life over a mid-tempo, keyboard-driven beat by Clifton ‘Specialist’ Dillon. After expressing his gratitude for all the basics—carrying him for nine months, feeding him, clothing him, wiping his nose—the singer gets a little more personal, describing how his mom rose to the challenge of single parenthood after his father passed away. This poignant dedication isn’t attached to a larger project but, if it’s struck a chord, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from the rising reggae star.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.