Mother’s Day was more than a month ago but, hey, it’s never a bad time to show some appreciation for the woman who brought you into the world. On Booth debut and new promo single My Old Lady, Clarendon, Jamaica’s OMI does just that, honoring the most important woman in his life over a mid-tempo, keyboard-driven beat by Clifton ‘Specialist’ Dillon. After expressing his gratitude for all the basics—carrying him for nine months, feeding him, clothing him, wiping his nose—the singer gets a little more personal, describing how his mom rose to the challenge of single parenthood after his father passed away. This poignant dedication isn’t attached to a larger project but, if it’s struck a chord, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from the rising reggae star.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.