Mother’s Day was more than a month ago but, hey, it’s never a bad time to show some appreciation for the woman who brought you into the world. On Booth debut and new promo single My Old Lady, Clarendon, Jamaica’s OMI does just that, honoring the most important woman in his life over a mid-tempo, keyboard-driven beat by Clifton ‘Specialist’ Dillon. After expressing his gratitude for all the basics—carrying him for nine months, feeding him, clothing him, wiping his nose—the singer gets a little more personal, describing how his mom rose to the challenge of single parenthood after his father passed away. This poignant dedication isn’t attached to a larger project but, if it’s struck a chord, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from the rising reggae star.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.