Mother’s Day was more than a month ago but, hey, it’s never a bad time to show some appreciation for the woman who brought you into the world. On Booth debut and new promo single My Old Lady, Clarendon, Jamaica’s OMI does just that, honoring the most important woman in his life over a mid-tempo, keyboard-driven beat by Clifton ‘Specialist’ Dillon. After expressing his gratitude for all the basics—carrying him for nine months, feeding him, clothing him, wiping his nose—the singer gets a little more personal, describing how his mom rose to the challenge of single parenthood after his father passed away. This poignant dedication isn’t attached to a larger project but, if it’s struck a chord, you can watch our pages for more fresh material from the rising reggae star.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.