J. Cole is almost always in the spotlight when he takes part in the creation of a record, but here we find him working Undercover and behind the scenes, mostly due to a supremely thorough effort from the song’s visionary, Omen. Cole leaves the mic behind, showcasing his skills behind the boards with a subtle yet interesting beat, which hosts an interesting vocal chop that is sure to catch your ear. Atop the stark production, the Chicago native drops some serious knowledge and exposes the Undercover ways in which the system looks to keep the marginalized powerless. While the subject matter is pretty heavy, Omen presents the material with a crisp flow that makes the song an enjoyable listen. This effort is set to appear on Omen’s Elephant Eyes album, due out in November.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.