J. Cole is almost always in the spotlight when he takes part in the creation of a record, but here we find him working Undercover and behind the scenes, mostly due to a supremely thorough effort from the song’s visionary, Omen. Cole leaves the mic behind, showcasing his skills behind the boards with a subtle yet interesting beat, which hosts an interesting vocal chop that is sure to catch your ear. Atop the stark production, the Chicago native drops some serious knowledge and exposes the Undercover ways in which the system looks to keep the marginalized powerless. While the subject matter is pretty heavy, Omen presents the material with a crisp flow that makes the song an enjoyable listen. This effort is set to appear on Omen’s Elephant Eyes album, due out in November.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.