Omen may not want your Pity (as he made clear on his recent collab with J. Cole), but your respect and support? He’ll take it. On this newly-released album outtake, the Midwestern buzzmaker poses a question to all those who purport to be behind him: “If you rollin’ with me tell me please would you Ride for Life, if I said goodbye tonight?” As usual, the DreamVille emcee handles production as well as mic duties, serving up a deceptively intricate sampled instrumental (dig the vocal loops weaved deep into the mix) to back his intense meditations on the artistic grind. While the artist clearly states his intent to take the road less traveled, spitting, “I’ll let y’all be gangsters I’ll just be a prophet,” he admits he won’t turn down the material trappings of success: “Give me all the cash and the girls and the fashion / Give me all the cars, all the jewelry and mansions / but first I want classics.” Think Omen’s destined to fulfill those high-rolling fantasies? If you’re loyal enough to do as the title says, circle October 31, for the release of Omen’s Fear of Heights street album.
Written by richard on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.