Omen may not want your Pity (as he made clear on his recent collab with J. Cole), but your respect and support? He’ll take it. On this newly-released album outtake, the Midwestern buzzmaker poses a question to all those who purport to be behind him: “If you rollin’ with me tell me please would you Ride for Life, if I said goodbye tonight?” As usual, the DreamVille emcee handles production as well as mic duties, serving up a deceptively intricate sampled instrumental (dig the vocal loops weaved deep into the mix) to back his intense meditations on the artistic grind. While the artist clearly states his intent to take the road less traveled, spitting, “I’ll let y’all be gangsters I’ll just be a prophet,” he admits he won’t turn down the material trappings of success: “Give me all the cash and the girls and the fashion / Give me all the cars, all the jewelry and mansions / but first I want classics.” Think Omen’s destined to fulfill those high-rolling fantasies? If you’re loyal enough to do as the title says, circle October 31, for the release of Omen’s Fear of Heights street album.
Written by richard on 08/25/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.