Omen may not want your Pity (as he made clear on his recent collab with J. Cole), but your respect and support? He’ll take it. On this newly-released album outtake, the Midwestern buzzmaker poses a question to all those who purport to be behind him: “If you rollin’ with me tell me please would you Ride for Life, if I said goodbye tonight?” As usual, the DreamVille emcee handles production as well as mic duties, serving up a deceptively intricate sampled instrumental (dig the vocal loops weaved deep into the mix) to back his intense meditations on the artistic grind. While the artist clearly states his intent to take the road less traveled, spitting, “I’ll let y’all be gangsters I’ll just be a prophet,” he admits he won’t turn down the material trappings of success: “Give me all the cash and the girls and the fashion / Give me all the cars, all the jewelry and mansions / but first I want classics.” Think Omen’s destined to fulfill those high-rolling fantasies? If you’re loyal enough to do as the title says, circle October 31, for the release of Omen’s Fear of Heights street album.
Written by richard on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)