DreamVille emcee and rapper Omen, not to be confused with the other producer Omen, or ‘70s classic horror movie The Omen, is back on our pages after a strong debut in the form of Forever, this time offering up a little Prayer for his city, and all those struggling in cities rife with violence and poverty everywhere. Omen’s work behind the boards consists of a distinctly Metallica-sounding guitar intro which is quickly flipped into a driving, “goddamn” vocal sample based, percussively snapping hip-hop joint’s power is in its relative simplistic. On the mic the Chicago native doesn’t hesitate to delve deeply into the harsh conditions that have effected his life, and the lives of those around him: “We living next door to boarded houses / on the porch lounging / households got divorced spouses.” With lyrics like that, it’s only a matter of time before Omen sheds the “just a producer” label. With two releases now under his belt, it’s clear that Omen has some major ambitions for his upcoming project Afraid of Heights. Hopefully our prayers will be answered and Heights will receive a release date soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/5/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.