DreamVille emcee and rapper Omen, not to be confused with the other producer Omen, or ‘70s classic horror movie The Omen, is back on our pages after a strong debut in the form of Forever, this time offering up a little Prayer for his city, and all those struggling in cities rife with violence and poverty everywhere. Omen’s work behind the boards consists of a distinctly Metallica-sounding guitar intro which is quickly flipped into a driving, “goddamn” vocal sample based, percussively snapping hip-hop joint’s power is in its relative simplistic. On the mic the Chicago native doesn’t hesitate to delve deeply into the harsh conditions that have effected his life, and the lives of those around him: “We living next door to boarded houses / on the porch lounging / households got divorced spouses.” With lyrics like that, it’s only a matter of time before Omen sheds the “just a producer” label. With two releases now under his belt, it’s clear that Omen has some major ambitions for his upcoming project Afraid of Heights. Hopefully our prayers will be answered and Heights will receive a release date soon.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.