As someone who can – and, to keep it one-hundred, occasionally do – show up at the office (aka, my living room) in my underwear, I find it an enjoyable change of pace to dress up in a suit and tie on special occasions. With that said, it’s easy to see why, for those stuck in nine-to-five drudgery, that knotted strip of cloth can start to feel like a Colorful Noose. Such was the case for Omen (the rapper who brought us Prayer, not the producer who brought us Get Back), whose latest single finds him looking back on his days as an overworked, underpaid corporate drone. Over rapper/producer Voli‘s downbeat, soul-sampled boardwork, the DreamVille emcee revisits his disgust on realizing that his reward for beating the odds (and the forces of institutional racism) to obtain a college education would be days of tedium and migraine-plagued nights. Though the record ends with his crisis unresolved, the fact that Omen’s in our earphones today suggests that things have taken a turn for the better. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for release details on the artist’s latest mixtape,Afraid of Heights.
Written by richard on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.