As someone who can – and, to keep it one-hundred, occasionally do – show up at the office (aka, my living room) in my underwear, I find it an enjoyable change of pace to dress up in a suit and tie on special occasions. With that said, it’s easy to see why, for those stuck in nine-to-five drudgery, that knotted strip of cloth can start to feel like a Colorful Noose. Such was the case for Omen (the rapper who brought us Prayer, not the producer who brought us Get Back), whose latest single finds him looking back on his days as an overworked, underpaid corporate drone. Over rapper/producer Voli‘s downbeat, soul-sampled boardwork, the DreamVille emcee revisits his disgust on realizing that his reward for beating the odds (and the forces of institutional racism) to obtain a college education would be days of tedium and migraine-plagued nights. Though the record ends with his crisis unresolved, the fact that Omen’s in our earphones today suggests that things have taken a turn for the better. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for release details on the artist’s latest mixtape,Afraid of Heights.
Written by richard on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.