Last we heard from Omen, it was November 2011 and the rapper/producer had joined forces with rap heavyweight J. Cole to share some parental wisdom on promo single Mama Told Me. Just over a year later, on a standout off his newly-released J. Dilla tribute EP, mothers are once again on his and his collaborators’ minds. This time, however, the question on their lips is, “I wonder if my mama proud of what I grew to be?” On Brooklyn Lager, a stark, heavily syncopated beat by the late production legend bangs in the back as Omen and his fellow DreamVille affiliates, Voli and Elite, contemplate the consequences of the hustle-filled, often-hedonistic lifestyle they’ve chosen. For more thought-provoking rhymes over the production of the one and only J. Dilla, check out A Glorious Cool, released to the net sans promo on Thursday evening.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.