Last we heard from Omen, it was November 2011 and the rapper/producer had joined forces with rap heavyweight J. Cole to share some parental wisdom on promo single Mama Told Me. Just over a year later, on a standout off his newly-released J. Dilla tribute EP, mothers are once again on his and his collaborators’ minds. This time, however, the question on their lips is, “I wonder if my mama proud of what I grew to be?” On Brooklyn Lager, a stark, heavily syncopated beat by the late production legend bangs in the back as Omen and his fellow DreamVille affiliates, Voli and Elite, contemplate the consequences of the hustle-filled, often-hedonistic lifestyle they’ve chosen. For more thought-provoking rhymes over the production of the one and only J. Dilla, check out A Glorious Cool, released to the net sans promo on Thursday evening.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.