Last we heard from Omen, it was November 2011 and the rapper/producer had joined forces with rap heavyweight J. Cole to share some parental wisdom on promo single Mama Told Me. Just over a year later, on a standout off his newly-released J. Dilla tribute EP, mothers are once again on his and his collaborators’ minds. This time, however, the question on their lips is, “I wonder if my mama proud of what I grew to be?” On Brooklyn Lager, a stark, heavily syncopated beat by the late production legend bangs in the back as Omen and his fellow DreamVille affiliates, Voli and Elite, contemplate the consequences of the hustle-filled, often-hedonistic lifestyle they’ve chosen. For more thought-provoking rhymes over the production of the one and only J. Dilla, check out A Glorious Cool, released to the net sans promo on Thursday evening.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.