It just so happens I was in the room for a preview of Omarion’s new album Ollusion when he proudly pressed play and his new single Speedin began to blast out the speakers. After its last notes faded O called it the best song he’s ever made, and I was hard pressed to disagree. The foundation of Speedin is its dynamic production, a simultaneously pounding and symphonic affair courtesy of frequent collaborator 253, who mercifully keeps the car-related sound effects to a minimum, but far more important to the track’s success is Omarion himself, who turns in the kind of emotional, wide-ranging vocal performance he first hinted he was capable of on Ice Box. In other words, if you thought Omarion was only capable of dance friendly r&b-pop tunes, Speedin should help put that myth to rest. So how about it Booth? Is this indeed the best work of Omarion’s career? The world awaits your answer. Ollusion is available online and in stores now.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box ft. Timbaland" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.