It just so happens I was in the room for a preview of Omarion’s new album Ollusion when he proudly pressed play and his new single Speedin began to blast out the speakers. After its last notes faded O called it the best song he’s ever made, and I was hard pressed to disagree. The foundation of Speedin is its dynamic production, a simultaneously pounding and symphonic affair courtesy of frequent collaborator 253, who mercifully keeps the car-related sound effects to a minimum, but far more important to the track’s success is Omarion himself, who turns in the kind of emotional, wide-ranging vocal performance he first hinted he was capable of on Ice Box. In other words, if you thought Omarion was only capable of dance friendly r&b-pop tunes, Speedin should help put that myth to rest. So how about it Booth? Is this indeed the best work of Omarion’s career? The world awaits your answer. Ollusion is available online and in stores now.
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box ft. Timbaland" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.