After some early and extraordinary success, Omarion has largely spent the last couple years on the sidelines working out some label difficulties, but it looks like O is back on the court and ready to ball thanks to a signing with EMI. On his new single Hoodie, his first release since September’s I Get It In, Omarion harkens back to his old B2K days with a track that’s tailor made for 106 & Park. While a slowly sparkling beat from producer 253 drips in the background, Omarion enters some dangerous not-quite-rapping, not-quite-singing territory (shades of Weezy?) with a flow that’s filled with more brand names than a mall. Not even a verse from the usually hard Jay Rock can drag Hoodie into musical respectability, but maybe, just maybe, it’s got enough guilty pleasure potential to be a hit. Frankly, I’ll have to let the Booth decide on this one. Omarion’s often-delayed album Ollusion is now set to drop on January 12.
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box ft. Timbaland" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.