After some early and extraordinary success, Omarion has largely spent the last couple years on the sidelines working out some label difficulties, but it looks like O is back on the court and ready to ball thanks to a signing with EMI. On his new single Hoodie, his first release since September’s I Get It In, Omarion harkens back to his old B2K days with a track that’s tailor made for 106 & Park. While a slowly sparkling beat from producer 253 drips in the background, Omarion enters some dangerous not-quite-rapping, not-quite-singing territory (shades of Weezy?) with a flow that’s filled with more brand names than a mall. Not even a verse from the usually hard Jay Rock can drag Hoodie into musical respectability, but maybe, just maybe, it’s got enough guilty pleasure potential to be a hit. Frankly, I’ll have to let the Booth decide on this one. Omarion’s often-delayed album Ollusion is now set to drop on January 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.