After some early and extraordinary success, Omarion has largely spent the last couple years on the sidelines working out some label difficulties, but it looks like O is back on the court and ready to ball thanks to a signing with EMI. On his new single Hoodie, his first release since September’s I Get It In, Omarion harkens back to his old B2K days with a track that’s tailor made for 106 & Park. While a slowly sparkling beat from producer 253 drips in the background, Omarion enters some dangerous not-quite-rapping, not-quite-singing territory (shades of Weezy?) with a flow that’s filled with more brand names than a mall. Not even a verse from the usually hard Jay Rock can drag Hoodie into musical respectability, but maybe, just maybe, it’s got enough guilty pleasure potential to be a hit. Frankly, I’ll have to let the Booth decide on this one. Omarion’s often-delayed album Ollusion is now set to drop on January 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/14/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)