After building a strong discography with Epic/Columbia (two solo albums and one collabo album; two went Gold, one Platinum), Omarion has decided to take his combination of musical skill and good looks to a brand new label. His new boss at Mosley Music/Interscope is Timbaland, the man who helped make Ice Box his biggest hit to date. The first buzz single serves its intended purpose; complete with O’s smooth tenor vocals, female-oriented lyrics, and a low-synth beat by Royal Court, Comfort is just the record to let fans know O’s back and ready for a major takeover. To further enhance the appeal, hip-hop’s top name, Lil Wayne, hops on (sans Autotune) towards the end. With this much energy from all involved, it’s easy to forget that Comfort is just the buzz single. Could this record be big enough to get the official single treatment?
Written by Burmy on 02/26/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.