After building a strong discography with Epic/Columbia (two solo albums and one collabo album; two went Gold, one Platinum), Omarion has decided to take his combination of musical skill and good looks to a brand new label. His new boss at Mosley Music/Interscope is Timbaland, the man who helped make Ice Box his biggest hit to date. The first buzz single serves its intended purpose; complete with O’s smooth tenor vocals, female-oriented lyrics, and a low-synth beat by Royal Court, Comfort is just the record to let fans know O’s back and ready for a major takeover. To further enhance the appeal, hip-hop’s top name, Lil Wayne, hops on (sans Autotune) towards the end. With this much energy from all involved, it’s easy to forget that Comfort is just the buzz single. Could this record be big enough to get the official single treatment?
Written by Burmy on 02/26/09
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Box ft. Timbaland" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.