When a rapper opens up a verse with the line, “It was all a dream,” (the first line of Biggie‘s Juicy), a powerful rags-to-riches story is typically expected to follow. West Coast native and self-proclaimed “Latin Lyrical Assassin,” Omar Cruz, proves to be no exception, as he details his journey from rock-bottom (hearing gunshots every night while trying to sleep) all the way To The Top (now signed to major label Geffen/Interscope). Popular Latin-Pop singer Frankie J accents the song’s strength and determination with his vocals and also assisting is producer Julian Bunneta, who provides a low-riding, smooth-cruise beat. To hear more of Omar’s journey, pick up a copy of his debut, Sign of the Cruz, expected to be released later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gangsta Music ft. The Game" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.