Booth newcomer Omar Aura‘s home streets may come with the same crime and drama that are a fact of life in any inner-city area, but when the sun’s shining, there’s a cool breeze and the pretty girls are out in full force, Fresno can feel just like paradise. On 1,000 Palm Trees, the latest single off his forthcoming street release, the unsigned buzzmaker invites listeners to kick it with him and Booth-acclaimed neighbor Fashawn as they enjoy a perfect day in the Grizzly City. Stantastic sets the mood behind the boards, lifting a smooth and summery saxophone-laced groove from Blackbyrds classic Mysterious Vibes. The collaborators come with breezy bars to match the beat, Aura dropping verses suffused with local color (and Grizzly City Kush smoke) on the front and back, and Fashawn taking the good with the bad on the middle (”I’ll probably never leave the West, but if I stay all I know is I’ma need a vest..”) How about it, readers—do you need more Omar Aura in your life? Then be sure to cop the Cali hopeful’s Auradon Sessions mixtape when it arrives on the ‘net in late September.
Written by richard on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.