Booth newcomer Omar Aura‘s home streets may come with the same crime and drama that are a fact of life in any inner-city area, but when the sun’s shining, there’s a cool breeze and the pretty girls are out in full force, Fresno can feel just like paradise. On 1,000 Palm Trees, the latest single off his forthcoming street release, the unsigned buzzmaker invites listeners to kick it with him and Booth-acclaimed neighbor Fashawn as they enjoy a perfect day in the Grizzly City. Stantastic sets the mood behind the boards, lifting a smooth and summery saxophone-laced groove from Blackbyrds classic Mysterious Vibes. The collaborators come with breezy bars to match the beat, Aura dropping verses suffused with local color (and Grizzly City Kush smoke) on the front and back, and Fashawn taking the good with the bad on the middle (”I’ll probably never leave the West, but if I stay all I know is I’ma need a vest..”) How about it, readers—do you need more Omar Aura in your life? Then be sure to cop the Cali hopeful’s Auradon Sessions mixtape when it arrives on the ‘net in late September.
Written by richard on 08/11/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.