In Lucid Dreams—the kind where you realize you’re dreaming—it’s possible not only to control your own behavior but shape the environment around you, allowing you to live out just about any fantasy imaginable. Booth newcomer Olu, however, is interested in attaining that elusive state for one reason and one reason only: to spend his nocturnal hours with a woman whose company he can no longer enjoy in waking life. On this freshly-released promo single, producer Juhkel‘s spacey sample work (drawn from Live Your Life singer Yuna‘s Coffee) sets the mood as the Cleveland representative ruefully revisits his falling-out with the girl in question, and looks forward to the moments they’ll share after he turns in for the evening. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lucid Dreams isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from this talented up-and-comer in the weeks and months ahead.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.