In Lucid Dreams—the kind where you realize you’re dreaming—it’s possible not only to control your own behavior but shape the environment around you, allowing you to live out just about any fantasy imaginable. Booth newcomer Olu, however, is interested in attaining that elusive state for one reason and one reason only: to spend his nocturnal hours with a woman whose company he can no longer enjoy in waking life. On this freshly-released promo single, producer Juhkel‘s spacey sample work (drawn from Live Your Life singer Yuna‘s Coffee) sets the mood as the Cleveland representative ruefully revisits his falling-out with the girl in question, and looks forward to the moments they’ll share after he turns in for the evening. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lucid Dreams isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from this talented up-and-comer in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.