In Lucid Dreams—the kind where you realize you’re dreaming—it’s possible not only to control your own behavior but shape the environment around you, allowing you to live out just about any fantasy imaginable. Booth newcomer Olu, however, is interested in attaining that elusive state for one reason and one reason only: to spend his nocturnal hours with a woman whose company he can no longer enjoy in waking life. On this freshly-released promo single, producer Juhkel‘s spacey sample work (drawn from Live Your Life singer Yuna‘s Coffee) sets the mood as the Cleveland representative ruefully revisits his falling-out with the girl in question, and looks forward to the moments they’ll share after he turns in for the evening. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Lucid Dreams isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from this talented up-and-comer in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.