Last we featured Olly Murs, on June Booth debut Heart Skips a Beat, a certain alluring female had the Epic recording artist exhibiting all the telltale signs of infatuation. Five months later, we find him in… roughly the same situation. Though some would label the British singer a sucker for love, he’s got an alternate explanation: the woman is just a Troublemaker. Steve Robson produces the cut, creating a lightly funky, guitar-led backdrop reminiscent of Maroon 5‘s early hits, and Murs follows suit on the vocal tip, channeling the reedy yet soulful style of frontman Adam Levine as he laments the putty-like state to which this spellbinding shawty has reduced him. Flo Rida only adds to the record’s prodigious pop appeal with his high-energy guest bars. Out now in the UK, Olly Murs’ Right Place Right Time LP is scheduled to hit Stateside record stores April 2013 via Columbia.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)