Butterflies in the stomach, sweaty palms, heart palpitations—all signs that you might be falling in love. If you’re a fan of upbeat pop grooves, don’t be surprised if you find yourself experiencing all the telltale symptoms upon listening to the first Booth feature from Olly Murs. The newly-released American remix of UK #1 single Heart Skips a Beat boasts all the hallmarks of a hit: a high-energy beat by Alex Smith, romantically smitten subject matter, a singalong chorus, and even a well-chosen guest feature. The perfect artist to help Murs hook Stateside audiences, Chiddy of fast-rising Philly crew Chiddy Bang advises a shawty he’s got his eye on to “put [her] boyfriend on three strikes” in his suave, self-confident closing 16. To top it all off, the cut comes accompanied by new visuals designed to appeal to listeners on this side of the Atlantic (It’s shot in L.A.‘s Rose Bowl Stadium—-how much more American can you get?). So, have you fallen for Olly Murs on the strength of this infectious single? More awaits on sophomore full-length In Case You Didn’t Know, released across the pond last fall and arriving on U.S. shores September 25.
Written by richard on 06/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.