Even though it marks the end of the weekend, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. There’s nothing better than a relaxing, lazy Sunday full of doing nothing at all. If you are in the mood for a Sunday like I described, then be sure to keep Olivia Louise‘s Skin Deep on heavy rotation. Her silky smooth, effortless vocals seem to glide atop producer Moteleola‘s light string arrangement that swoons around the boom-bappy drum beat. The effort is carefree and low-key, but the understated, almost sarcastic vibe of Louise’s lyrics adds a unique flavor the the impressive effort. For more from the upstart UK crooner, check out any of our Top R&B/Pop Chart‘s from the past 5 weeks; you’ll find her Booth debut, Cocaine, on every single one of ‘em.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.