Even though it marks the end of the weekend, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. There’s nothing better than a relaxing, lazy Sunday full of doing nothing at all. If you are in the mood for a Sunday like I described, then be sure to keep Olivia Louise‘s Skin Deep on heavy rotation. Her silky smooth, effortless vocals seem to glide atop producer Moteleola‘s light string arrangement that swoons around the boom-bappy drum beat. The effort is carefree and low-key, but the understated, almost sarcastic vibe of Louise’s lyrics adds a unique flavor the the impressive effort. For more from the upstart UK crooner, check out any of our Top R&B/Pop Chart‘s from the past 5 weeks; you’ll find her Booth debut, Cocaine, on every single one of ‘em.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.