Even though it marks the end of the weekend, Sunday is my favorite day of the week. There’s nothing better than a relaxing, lazy Sunday full of doing nothing at all. If you are in the mood for a Sunday like I described, then be sure to keep Olivia Louise‘s Skin Deep on heavy rotation. Her silky smooth, effortless vocals seem to glide atop producer Moteleola‘s light string arrangement that swoons around the boom-bappy drum beat. The effort is carefree and low-key, but the understated, almost sarcastic vibe of Louise’s lyrics adds a unique flavor the the impressive effort. For more from the upstart UK crooner, check out any of our Top R&B/Pop Chart‘s from the past 5 weeks; you’ll find her Booth debut, Cocaine, on every single one of ‘em.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.