As Dave Chappelle taught us, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So it should come as no surprise that Olivia Louise‘s first DJBooth feature, Cocaine, is a hell of a song. Part of a forthcoming, self-titled EP, this freshly-minted single finds the unsigned Londoner serenading a man whose affection is every bit addictive as that famous white powder. Wayne Benson‘s sultry production, a mix of syncopated percussion, fluttering piano notes and stuttering synth blurts, backs the artist as she delivers her gauzy, Auto-Tuned come-ons. Has this atmospheric alt-R&B burner left you fiending for more? Then keep it locked for the latest on Olivia Louise’s debut project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.