As Dave Chappelle taught us, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So it should come as no surprise that Olivia Louise‘s first DJBooth feature, Cocaine, is a hell of a song. Part of a forthcoming, self-titled EP, this freshly-minted single finds the unsigned Londoner serenading a man whose affection is every bit addictive as that famous white powder. Wayne Benson‘s sultry production, a mix of syncopated percussion, fluttering piano notes and stuttering synth blurts, backs the artist as she delivers her gauzy, Auto-Tuned come-ons. Has this atmospheric alt-R&B burner left you fiending for more? Then keep it locked for the latest on Olivia Louise’s debut project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.