As Dave Chappelle taught us, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So it should come as no surprise that Olivia Louise‘s first DJBooth feature, Cocaine, is a hell of a song. Part of a forthcoming, self-titled EP, this freshly-minted single finds the unsigned Londoner serenading a man whose affection is every bit addictive as that famous white powder. Wayne Benson‘s sultry production, a mix of syncopated percussion, fluttering piano notes and stuttering synth blurts, backs the artist as she delivers her gauzy, Auto-Tuned come-ons. Has this atmospheric alt-R&B burner left you fiending for more? Then keep it locked for the latest on Olivia Louise’s debut project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.