As Dave Chappelle taught us, cocaine is a hell of a drug. So it should come as no surprise that Olivia Louise‘s first DJBooth feature, Cocaine, is a hell of a song. Part of a forthcoming, self-titled EP, this freshly-minted single finds the unsigned Londoner serenading a man whose affection is every bit addictive as that famous white powder. Wayne Benson‘s sultry production, a mix of syncopated percussion, fluttering piano notes and stuttering synth blurts, backs the artist as she delivers her gauzy, Auto-Tuned come-ons. Has this atmospheric alt-R&B burner left you fiending for more? Then keep it locked for the latest on Olivia Louise’s debut project, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.