The former first lady of G-Unit, Olivia, is joined by Missy Elliot on the new single Cherry Pop. Since the trendiest drinks among industry elite don’t include cherry flavored soda, it’s safe to assume Olivia is asking her audience if they’d like to sample somewhat of a different item. Behind the boards Missy puts together a simple clap track that is polished off nicely with some brooms from Michael Jackson’s old catalog, circa 1982. Gearing up to release her long awaited new album (on the indie circuit nonetheless,) Olivia strives to become a flavor of the month once again.
Written by DJ Z on 06/27/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.