The former first lady of G-Unit, Olivia, is joined by Missy Elliot on the new single Cherry Pop. Since the trendiest drinks among industry elite don’t include cherry flavored soda, it’s safe to assume Olivia is asking her audience if they’d like to sample somewhat of a different item. Behind the boards Missy puts together a simple clap track that is polished off nicely with some brooms from Michael Jackson’s old catalog, circa 1982. Gearing up to release her long awaited new album (on the indie circuit nonetheless,) Olivia strives to become a flavor of the month once again.
Written by DJ Z on 06/27/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.