Uh oh, looks like former G-Unit singer Olivia is the latest artist to manipulate Drake-Mania to their advantage. Ironically titled Control, this new cut from the songtress’ Under the Radar mixtape features exotic production from DJ Special K and raps courtesy of the only and only Drake “Drizzy” Rodgers. I hoped Drake’s new-found fame wouldn’t mean doing collabs with everyone and their mother like his Young Money mentor, and I’m not sure whether to be disappointed just yet because the
rapper’s contributions seem dated
rappers vocals were actually stolen from an older unreleased record; how long has Olivia had these vocals? Adapting a rapid-fire flow that he used in his Replacement Girl days, Drake takes control of Control making it seem more like a Drake jam than an Olivia anthem as the Canadian heartthrob serves up two verses And as for Olivia, the Candy Shop crooner talks about not needing men; she even brags about not having to throw it in the bag since she “got Fab on speed dial.” Ironically, her performance on this one didn’t warrant any replay from me without Drake’s surrounding verses. But hey, forget me; let’s turn the volume up and hear what the Booth has to say.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cherry Pop ft. Missy Elliot" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.