Uh oh, looks like former G-Unit singer Olivia is the latest artist to manipulate Drake-Mania to their advantage. Ironically titled Control, this new cut from the songtress’ Under the Radar mixtape features exotic production from DJ Special K and raps courtesy of the only and only Drake “Drizzy” Rodgers. I hoped Drake’s new-found fame wouldn’t mean doing collabs with everyone and their mother like his Young Money mentor, and I’m not sure whether to be disappointed just yet because the
rapper’s contributions seem dated
rappers vocals were actually stolen from an older unreleased record; how long has Olivia had these vocals? Adapting a rapid-fire flow that he used in his Replacement Girl days, Drake takes control of Control making it seem more like a Drake jam than an Olivia anthem as the Canadian heartthrob serves up two verses And as for Olivia, the Candy Shop crooner talks about not needing men; she even brags about not having to throw it in the bag since she “got Fab on speed dial.” Ironically, her performance on this one didn’t warrant any replay from me without Drake’s surrounding verses. But hey, forget me; let’s turn the volume up and hear what the Booth has to say.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 04/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cherry Pop ft. Missy Elliot" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)