It’s a sad fact of life that, no matter how much blood, sweat and tears you expend in pursuit of your dreams, success is never a sure thing. But if you don’t give it your all, you’ll Always Wonder what might have been. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, Empire State up-and-comer Oliver Power tackles this dilemma head-on. Backed by A.F.‘s pensive electronic production, the emcee acknowledges his uncertainty regarding what lies ahead: ”I’m feeling scared, unprepared for what’s about to happen / Will I blow, will I go, will I fail at rappin’?” In the end, he resolves simply to go hard and let the chips fall where they may. Power’s got the right attitude, but does he have the skills to match? I think I know the answer, but Booth readers, of course, get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling Always Wonder, keep your browsers locked for further news and tunes leading up to the August arrival of Oliver’s new album, In Dreams.
Written by richard on 05/19/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.