It’s a sad fact of life that, no matter how much blood, sweat and tears you expend in pursuit of your dreams, success is never a sure thing. But if you don’t give it your all, you’ll Always Wonder what might have been. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, Empire State up-and-comer Oliver Power tackles this dilemma head-on. Backed by A.F.‘s pensive electronic production, the emcee acknowledges his uncertainty regarding what lies ahead: ”I’m feeling scared, unprepared for what’s about to happen / Will I blow, will I go, will I fail at rappin’?” In the end, he resolves simply to go hard and let the chips fall where they may. Power’s got the right attitude, but does he have the skills to match? I think I know the answer, but Booth readers, of course, get to lay down the final verdict. If you’re feeling Always Wonder, keep your browsers locked for further news and tunes leading up to the August arrival of Oliver’s new album, In Dreams.
Written by richard on 05/19/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.