What would rap be without The Guns? Though many would rather firearms didn’t loom so large in hip-hop’s visual and aesthetic lexicon, the bloody consequences of their prevalence in the inner-city streets makes them tough to ignore. On his latest album leak, and the 10th world premiere in The DJBooth and Event Electonics’ 20/20 Music Series, Oh No tackles the“real-life horror” of gun violence head-on. Over his own diabolical boardwork, jam-packed with cap-busting sound effects and laced with classic vocal samples (from 2Pac‘s 3 Messages, Ice-T‘s Colors and other classics) the Oxnard, Cali rapper/producer is joined on the mic by three fellow underground spitters; Stone’s Throw labelmate MED, St. Louis representer Pok Dog and Motown emcee Guilty Simpson lend their own aggressive lyrical stylings to the record’s latter portion. Does this hard-hitting selection leave you craving more? Watch the Booth for further details on Oh No’s yet-unscheduled Ohnomite LP, which has been in the works since ‘09. In addition, keep it locked for further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series throughout October and November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by richard on 10/27/11
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/Kash Rock Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over Broil " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.