What would rap be without The Guns? Though many would rather firearms didn’t loom so large in hip-hop’s visual and aesthetic lexicon, the bloody consequences of their prevalence in the inner-city streets makes them tough to ignore. On his latest album leak, and the 10th world premiere in The DJBooth and Event Electonics’ 20/20 Music Series, Oh No tackles the“real-life horror” of gun violence head-on. Over his own diabolical boardwork, jam-packed with cap-busting sound effects and laced with classic vocal samples (from 2Pac‘s 3 Messages, Ice-T‘s Colors and other classics) the Oxnard, Cali rapper/producer is joined on the mic by three fellow underground spitters; Stone’s Throw labelmate MED, St. Louis representer Pok Dog and Motown emcee Guilty Simpson lend their own aggressive lyrical stylings to the record’s latter portion. Does this hard-hitting selection leave you craving more? Watch the Booth for further details on Oh No’s yet-unscheduled Ohnomite LP, which has been in the works since ‘09. In addition, keep it locked for further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series throughout October and November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Fat Beats/Kash Rock Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over Broil" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.