Listeners beware: the sounds you’re about to hear may be devastating to your ears. Those who don’t mind a ruptured cochlea or two, however, are sure to enjoy what rapper/beatsmith Oh No and upstart producer Chris Keys serve up on the inaugural song release off their forthcoming collaborative set. Devastation finds Keys handling production duties, ornamenting a minimal, breakbeat-driven groove with old-school cuts as Oh No reminds us why his name’s become synonymous with underground flames. Motown mainstay Guilty Simpson and Cali-repping Booth fave Montage One accompany the Oxnard mic-murderer on his rampage, wreaking some lyrical havoc of their own in aggressive guest verses. Feeling it? This is just one of many bangers to be found on collaborative EP Ashes, coming October 23, via Heavy Keys Records.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/Kash Rock Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Guns" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.