Listeners beware: the sounds you’re about to hear may be devastating to your ears. Those who don’t mind a ruptured cochlea or two, however, are sure to enjoy what rapper/beatsmith Oh No and upstart producer Chris Keys serve up on the inaugural song release off their forthcoming collaborative set. Devastation finds Keys handling production duties, ornamenting a minimal, breakbeat-driven groove with old-school cuts as Oh No reminds us why his name’s become synonymous with underground flames. Motown mainstay Guilty Simpson and Cali-repping Booth fave Montage One accompany the Oxnard mic-murderer on his rampage, wreaking some lyrical havoc of their own in aggressive guest verses. Feeling it? This is just one of many bangers to be found on collaborative EP Ashes, coming October 23, via Heavy Keys Records.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/Kash Rock Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Guns" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.