Listeners beware: the sounds you’re about to hear may be devastating to your ears. Those who don’t mind a ruptured cochlea or two, however, are sure to enjoy what rapper/beatsmith Oh No and upstart producer Chris Keys serve up on the inaugural song release off their forthcoming collaborative set. Devastation finds Keys handling production duties, ornamenting a minimal, breakbeat-driven groove with old-school cuts as Oh No reminds us why his name’s become synonymous with underground flames. Motown mainstay Guilty Simpson and Cali-repping Booth fave Montage One accompany the Oxnard mic-murderer on his rampage, wreaking some lyrical havoc of their own in aggressive guest verses. Feeling it? This is just one of many bangers to be found on collaborative EP Ashes, coming October 23, via Heavy Keys Records.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/Kash Rock Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Guns" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.