I am not a big drinker. Aside from the occasional beer at dinner, I hardly ever take a sip, so I obviously have no clue what it’s like to drink syrup. Thanks to O’DONIS’s new, trippy video single, I now know what it’s like to down a Lil Wayne-sized cup of Lean. In addition to Drew Kirsch’s purple-tinted visuals, The Composer’s dubstep-influenced production sets the stage for this psychotropic banger. O’DONIS (who has dropped his first name, Colby, from his moniker) flexes his vocal chops on the single, delivering his smooth, intoxicating verses and chorus. His vocal style meshes well with the production and the result is a hazy, yet energetic drug anthem. This record is not attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out O’DONIS’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Like Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)