I am not a big drinker. Aside from the occasional beer at dinner, I hardly ever take a sip, so I obviously have no clue what it’s like to drink syrup. Thanks to O’DONIS’s new, trippy video single, I now know what it’s like to down a Lil Wayne-sized cup of Lean. In addition to Drew Kirsch’s purple-tinted visuals, The Composer’s dubstep-influenced production sets the stage for this psychotropic banger. O’DONIS (who has dropped his first name, Colby, from his moniker) flexes his vocal chops on the single, delivering his smooth, intoxicating verses and chorus. His vocal style meshes well with the production and the result is a hazy, yet energetic drug anthem. This record is not attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out O’DONIS’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Like Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.