I am not a big drinker. Aside from the occasional beer at dinner, I hardly ever take a sip, so I obviously have no clue what it’s like to drink syrup. Thanks to O’DONIS’s new, trippy video single, I now know what it’s like to down a Lil Wayne-sized cup of Lean. In addition to Drew Kirsch’s purple-tinted visuals, The Composer’s dubstep-influenced production sets the stage for this psychotropic banger. O’DONIS (who has dropped his first name, Colby, from his moniker) flexes his vocal chops on the single, delivering his smooth, intoxicating verses and chorus. His vocal style meshes well with the production and the result is a hazy, yet energetic drug anthem. This record is not attached to a larger project, but listeners craving more are encouraged to check out O’DONIS’s last Booth feature, 2012’s Like Me.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Got The Key" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.