I swear this Hip-Hop thing continues to impress me. Oddisee is the latest artist to add to the growing population of lyrical geniuses residing outside of the box and really making it work. With an acoustic rendition of his ultra-personal song You Know Who You Are, the DMV native collaborates with DC soul singer Olivier Daysoul. The cut is featured on Oddisee’s newly released album People Hear What They See, the latest for Diamond District/Mello Music Group emcee and producer. Coming off the success of several underground mixtapes and collaborations (mostly with Kev Brown’s Low Budget crew) Oddisee proves that he’s able to hold his own with the likes of Wyclef and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), both of whom have created successful acoustic renditions that turned into a conversation piece. If you haven’t already, grab up People Hear What They See, available for purchase now, and stay tuned for more from Oddisee.
Written by WriterJones on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.