I swear this Hip-Hop thing continues to impress me. Oddisee is the latest artist to add to the growing population of lyrical geniuses residing outside of the box and really making it work. With an acoustic rendition of his ultra-personal song You Know Who You Are, the DMV native collaborates with DC soul singer Olivier Daysoul. The cut is featured on Oddisee’s newly released album People Hear What They See, the latest for Diamond District/Mello Music Group emcee and producer. Coming off the success of several underground mixtapes and collaborations (mostly with Kev Brown’s Low Budget crew) Oddisee proves that he’s able to hold his own with the likes of Wyclef and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), both of whom have created successful acoustic renditions that turned into a conversation piece. If you haven’t already, grab up People Hear What They See, available for purchase now, and stay tuned for more from Oddisee.
Written by WriterJones on 06/15/12
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)