I swear this Hip-Hop thing continues to impress me. Oddisee is the latest artist to add to the growing population of lyrical geniuses residing outside of the box and really making it work. With an acoustic rendition of his ultra-personal song You Know Who You Are, the DMV native collaborates with DC soul singer Olivier Daysoul. The cut is featured on Oddisee’s newly released album People Hear What They See, the latest for Diamond District/Mello Music Group emcee and producer. Coming off the success of several underground mixtapes and collaborations (mostly with Kev Brown’s Low Budget crew) Oddisee proves that he’s able to hold his own with the likes of Wyclef and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), both of whom have created successful acoustic renditions that turned into a conversation piece. If you haven’t already, grab up People Hear What They See, available for purchase now, and stay tuned for more from Oddisee.
Written by WriterJones on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.