I swear this Hip-Hop thing continues to impress me. Oddisee is the latest artist to add to the growing population of lyrical geniuses residing outside of the box and really making it work. With an acoustic rendition of his ultra-personal song You Know Who You Are, the DMV native collaborates with DC soul singer Olivier Daysoul. The cut is featured on Oddisee’s newly released album People Hear What They See, the latest for Diamond District/Mello Music Group emcee and producer. Coming off the success of several underground mixtapes and collaborations (mostly with Kev Brown’s Low Budget crew) Oddisee proves that he’s able to hold his own with the likes of Wyclef and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), both of whom have created successful acoustic renditions that turned into a conversation piece. If you haven’t already, grab up People Hear What They See, available for purchase now, and stay tuned for more from Oddisee.
Written by WriterJones on 06/15/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop's Cool Again" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.